Saturday, January 28, 2012

At least I've kept up the list.

All right, so I back slid with this particular New Year's resolution to blog three times a week. I'm not sure if it's better to aim high and be happy to get at least some updating done, or if I should've established a smaller goal in the first place. It's probably the former that's still the best option. I would offer the excuse that I have a lot on my plate right now, but it's really not too much to prevent a weekly update on my part (since, let's be real, I'm sitting in front of the computer multiple times a day anyway). One thing I have kept up with, though, is my ongoing list of God's gifts that I'd started last year. Hah, maybe because I didn't list that activity as a resolution I'm actually fulfilling it.

During my earlier, Xanga blogging years, I would often fill in current updates with my backlog of events or thoughts that I'd meant to post earlier in the week or month. However, for the sake of keeping this current post current (unless there'd been a life-altering event of sorts), I shall skip ahead in my numbered list of thankfulness below.

189. a beautiful day for a field trip to the Capitol downtown (Wed, Jan. 25)

190. a School Choice Rally in which so many people recognize, support, and celebrate the learning needs of kids as well as the benefit of variety in education

195. seeing red banners with phrases from Micah 6:8 by the church across the street from the Capitol building

196. the rain holding off for a few hours on Thursday so my Social Studies and Government groups could spend part of class time outside

197. spur-of-the-moment divine inspiration for a hands-on activity for the younger kids that went well (finding examples of renewable and nonrenewable resources outdoors)

198. being able to afford a bridesmaid dress

199. getting to order said dress in a single-digit size (you guys... this is momentous for me)

200. following through with the notion to make myself a salad for dinner

201. (Friday) getting up in time to pack a sandwich lunch

205. if we must have a "skip" weekend, I'm thankful that it makes me appreciate all the more the times I share with Micah F.

206. (today) having dreams that do not involve an axe-wielding maniac

209. unexpected topic turn toward dream interpretation during some chit chat earlier and afterwards getting an author's name to check out

210. the opportunity to consider God's limitlessness

211. orchid petals backlit by morning sun







1 comment:

  1. Love the orchid photo... almost looks like a hip collage poster of sorts. And the new banner is amazing. PENNY'S TONGUE!!

    ReplyDelete